Whew! Still trying to recover from an epic weekend at the 3rd Annual Ohio Burlesque Festival! It was an absolutely amazing experience and I am so happy that I was able to be a part of it this year. I had such a blast performing (and debuting) my newest routine, “Dirty Boogie”. There is nothing quite like the rush of being on stage and the Ohio Burlesque Festival did not disappoint! The room was absolutely packed and the crowd was amazing.
It was also really wonderful to reconnect with people and meet so many new people from all over the world.
The Ohio Burlesque Festival’s headliners were all so inspiring to watch.
There was an extremely wide variety of acts, everything from classic glamour to horror.
- Bazuka Joe‘s “Speed Racer” routine is one of my favorite things ever and he has to be one of the nicest people I have ever met.
- And Satori Circus…well if you haven’t seen him perform you’re really missing out. He always has me laughing until my sides hurt.
- Saturday was also my first time seeing Miss Coco Letric perform and she was just as lovely and stunning as I had imagined.
- Miss Donna Denise is also always a pleasure to watch and seriously…have you seen her flex her boobs? Its pretty damn impressive! I have no idea how she does it.
- Bella Sin always brings such energy and fun to the stage!
- The Boston Baby Dolls were just too cute for words.
- The Rhinestone Follies were breath takingly beautiful.
- Smokin McQueen has to be the most energetic man I have ever seen. I will never be able to look at bananas the same way again! ;)
Photos by Eric Paul Owens
See the entire Ohio Burlesque Festival set on Facebook
There were so many stunning performances I was overwhelmed…one of my absolute favorites however was Red Rum’s “Another One Bites the Dust” routine. I don’t want to spoil anything but this little lady left me speechless and wanting to challenge myself to step up my game. I was floored by her creativity and intensity! She is such a unique and talented performer and super sweet to boot.
Another performer that wowed me with her creativity was Sandy Sure…who knew this adorable little blonde from the UK would make such a convincing and outstanding Beetle Juice! Her costuming was spot on and her routine was so much fun to watch.
Its only been a few days and I’m already looking forward to next year!
Thanks to Twiggy Stardust for her hospitality (I already miss all your fur babies!) and to Bella Sin for putting the amazing Ohio burlesque festival together. Also thanks to the sponsors for my Ohio Burlesque Festival gift bag, I will never want for condoms, whoopie cushions or fun samples again!